In this course I plan to cover items 1 through 5. I’m flexible with the level of participation from students in programming exercises in step 5 (ML). Depending on backgrounds and goals, students may choose not to program (why learn programming if you can hire a developer for 10$/Hr?) or actively program in R and/or Python.
0) How much ‘Fin’ and how much ‘Tech’?
1) How banks’ reluctance to innovate/adopt led to Fintech. Banks! You can’t bank on them.
2) The ultra-personalisation of financial services through technology – the driver behind Fintech
3) Case Studies – Peer-to-peer lending, Crypto-currencies, Robo-advisers, online-only digital banks
4) My Money Karma
5) Machine Learning using R (or Python)